Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Life, Love, Sex and Unemployment as a Gay 20-Something in L.A


This is a collection of my life as a Gay 20-something, from the East Coast trying to make it in the Fashion and Retail industry after being laid off. This is my experience dating, looking for a new job, finding sex and interviewing at some of the worlds best known fashion houses.


                                                                           Day 1 


I graduated college in 2011, with a degree in Business, and didn't anticipate at all working for a luxury brand. 2011 was also the year I met the man I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with. Braden was handsome, 6' 2, with dirty blonde hair, baby blue eyes, with large hands and feet and a personality to match. 

Andy is what he called me. It is my middle name, and I never liked my first name, Patrick.  I met Braden in the laundry room of my apartment complex. Being a small complex, we regularly ran into one and other, exchanged glances, smiled and made small talk. Small talk was usually over a small asian lady, who always seemed to be sitting in the laundry room, but never had laundry. 

I was laid of in September, just two weeks after I moved into a 2-bedroom in West Hollywood, the Gayborhood of L.A. My boss had recruited me via Linkedin, and I had only been with the company for about 6 months. I had previously worked as an operations analyst for a top 10 luxury brand. My boss Ted, asked me what my favorite restaurant was. I met him at Fresh Corn, in Weho and thats when he dropped the bomb on me. The company restructured and I was no longer need.



                                                                    Fresh Corn

Days later I met Kevin on Grindr, and we decided to have sex at my house.  He was only a few years older than me, in his early 30's, handsome, toned and ready for some NSA fun. As a struggling actor, he made sure that I knew all about his height at 6 ft 4, olive skin, dark brown eyes, and that he was half white, half Italian and fairly well hung. The last time I had sex was with Braden, before we broke up. I couldn't feel anything really. No job, no more fiance and sheer panic, all drove me to say "Fuck it". I need an outlet.

I touched Kevin's dick through his mesh basketball shorts, as it was semi-erect and pre-cum was slowing seeping through the fibers. My roommate Brian was gone at work and I still had unpacked boxes and clothes all around. I felt broken, as if my life was over and sex was the only remedy to put back the pieces. I spread my legs, as he asked, and don't remember a whole lot after that. He finished, put on his bright red Converse, said he had to go, shutting the door behind him. I couldn't cum, so I just laid their naked, listening to afternoon traffic pass, feeling lost.


After Kevin left, I received an email from my new recruiter, for an interview for Dior on Rodeo Dr. I had only a few days to prepare, but I was familiar with the brand, and excited about the opportunity. I was scheduled to meet a Manager by the name of Michal at the Luxe Hotel for coffee for about an hour on Thursday at 10 am. I had only been to the Dior location once before, and I have to say that I was rather intimidated. A lot of the guys there looked like models and had a lot more sales experience than myself. It was an honor to be asked to interview on one of the most well know streets in the world.






                                                                      
                                                                                                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment