Thursday, January 22, 2015

Dating a Fire Captian

                                                       





                                                                                Day 13

For me Grindr was a never-ending buffet of men served up daily all at the touch of a button. I felt like I developed a sixth sense for sex. Chasing tail came down to: "Looking?", "Dick Pics?" and "Can you host?". However, I had a message from a 30-something, asking how my day was going. Caught off guard, I wasn't really aware people actually talked on Grindr. I did have a break up only weeks earlier, and it had been awhile in the single world of boys, but I didn't know if he was serious. His name was Nick and had been in the business of saving people from raging infernos since age 17. I could barely make out his face and the profile information listed was pretty vague, but we hit it off immediately.
                                                                   

The fire captain wasn't looking for sex, but a boyfriend and potentially a husband. He made that very clear from the start. My wounds from the split with Braden were still raw and I wasn't sure if dating was even in the cards right now. However, the more we talked the more we realized how much we shared in common. Despite my journey through every pair of hairy open legs in Southern California, I have always been a one man kinda guy. I didn't miss Braden, but I did miss having someone to come home to, cuddle with and the accidental mid-night slap in the face while sleeping. I was honest with Nick. I told him I'm not sure what I am looking for, but we can start off as friends and go from their.                







Southern California has always been my home, particularly San Diego.  I moved away to college back east, just before I turned 20. I wanted a new experience, to see what cold weather was like and understand exactly where "New England" is. The concept of moving at the time, seemed like I had the world in my hand and anything was possible. For so many in Los Angeles there is a sense of wonder, opportunity and the feeling that the world is within reach. It is the place where dreams are chased, made, destroyed and always in progress. It hit me, when will I know that this is my calling, or is this the man I'm gonna spend the end of my days with?

Andrew Christian is by far my favorite designer of underwear. There are so many bold colors, products hug my body, and make me feel sexually desirable. It is very convenient that they are located in the heart of WeHo. I usually go on Tuesday's when happy hour is 50% off products. There is nothing wrong with a little retail therapy, especially when you're afforded the employee discount. I should be saving my money since I'm no longer working. When I was laid off, my boss Ted gave me a severance package and I was able to claim unemployment on top of that. In my wildest dreams, I couldn't imagine being on unemployment, due to the fact that I have been employed since age 16. I'm not sure how long I'm going to be without a job.










Tickets, parking tickets and traffic tickets seem to staking up. It has been at least 3 years since I've been so generously given a yellow slip by some of California's finest. However, upon moving to the city of Angels, I earned a ticket for speeding and another for driving in the carpool lane without an additional passenger. I purchased a "green" vehicle, but didn't not fill out the proper paperwork that allows to drive solo in the carpool lane. The total amounted to a whopping $2600, so I planned on heading off to court to see what I could negotiate, if any wiggle room was possible.  




No comments:

Post a Comment